Have fun and adventure while making a difference in the lives of very poor but bright young Kenyan women.
If you choose to become CHES Agent, you will:
- live in clean, comfortable, secure accommodation in Kakamega, an African town in Western Kenya
- interview candidates for CHES Scholarships
- meet students as you take photos, collect marks and letters to sponsors
- support life-skills workshops for the girls
- work hard at times, but enjoy yourself, if you choose, visiting world-famous game parks, attractions and beaches in Kenya, Tanzania and other nearby countries
Length of commitment is 3-6 months. However we welcome volunteers for shorter periods of time as you will be warmly received at CHES House no matter how long your visit
Your only expense of note is your airfare. A receipt of your fare may be submitted to the CHES treasurer for information about obtaining a tax receipt
If you are interested please contact us.
Some of our former Agents consider their volunteer time in Kakamega one of the best times in their lives.